Unchanged since 1927: made according to the original recipe created by our company’s founder:
A blue cheese classic, cherished by cheese lovers around the world
Since 1927, Bergader Edelpilz blue cheese is made from fresh cow’s milk from the Alpine region following the same, unchanged recipe. Known across Europe and beyond for its outstanding quality and unique aroma, Bergader Edelpilz is a favourite among cheese connoisseurs around the globe.
Bergader Edelpilz is a creamy-savoury cheese with blue mould made from cow’s milk (50 % FiDM).
- Made from highest quality milk from the Bavarian Alps. The cows feed on the juicy grass from the green pastures full of fragrant herbs in this breathtakingly beautiful landscape which lends Bergader Edelpilz its unique taste.
- Manufactured entirely without additives or preservatives
- Ripened in a natural process, reflected in the colour nuances on the cheese surface – a true sign of quality!
- Perfect for refining sauces and dressings
- Ideal for melting over “au gratin” dishes or stuffing meat, fish and vegetables
- Can be combined with curd or cream cheese into quick and tasty cheese balls that can be refined with spices, seeds or nuts for a decorative, great-tasting snack
- Covered by edible rind
- Suggested wine pairing: robust red wines with low acid content, e.g. Trollinger or Dornfelder; also white wines with residual sweetness such as Silvaner Spätlese or Pinot Gris from the Elsass (Alsace) region