Roasted Vegetables “Au Gratin” with Basils Original Rauchkäse
- 3 medium sized potatoes (about 350 g)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (about 250 g)
- 1 zucchini / courgette (about 200 g)
- 2 small red onions (about 200 g)
- ½ medium sized aubergine (150 g)
- 250 g Basils Original Rauchkäse "Chilli"
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch dried marjoram or oregano
- 4 – 5 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50 g freshly ground parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 180° C.
Peel the potatoes, clean and remove the stalks of the tomatoes, courgette and aubergine, peel the onions, then divide into halves lengthwise and cut into approx. 3 mm thick slices. Take 50 g Basils Original Rauchkäse "Chilli", cut into small cubes and then return to fridge. Cut the rest of the cheese into 3 mm thick slices which you then cut into thirds.
Grease a deep oven dish (20x30 cm) with olive oil and arrange the vegetables in a fish scale pattern. Season with lots of salt and pepper and some marjoram and finally cover with olive oil.
Cover and roast in preheated oven for one hour. Take out and heat up oven’s grill. Mix white breadcrumbs with the garlic, 50 g cheese and parsley, sprinkle over vegetables and return to oven uncovered until the mixture turns a light brown.