Environment & Sustainability
As a manufacturer of natural products we have always attached great importance to conserving our alpine surroundings.
By acting in a sustainable manner, we want to help ensure the preservation of our natural resources and to protect our environment from harmful influences. We consider this our duty towards our employees, their families, the local community and the consumers.
Every year we undergo the voluntary EU-wide environmental audit EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) and are a member of the Bavarian Environmental Pact. For more than two decades we have been committed to sustainable farming beyond that stipulated by legal requirements.
A few examples of ways in which Bergader actively protects the environment:
- We use 100 % green energy
- Our staff car park and warehouse have a photovoltaic system on the roof – saving us about 136 tonnes of CO2 every year.
- A route optimisation programme reduces our logistical transportation
- Our premises in Waging is buzzing thanks to apiaries and bee pastures
- The company day care centre for children Bergader Käsemäuse [Bergader cheese mice] was built using an ecological timber-frame construction using low-allergy materials.
- The packaging for our cheese is continuously optimised, reducing the raw materials it uses
- We are optimising our energy use – where possible – with heat recovery units, speed controllers or by using new technologies
You can find further details in our annual Environmental Statement.